Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


So, my little man woke up at 7:30 a.m., him and I cuddled on the couch watched a movie, then I cooked him breakfast.  We watched the parade, and then my hubby and I made a great team in the kitchen cooking dinner together. :)


Here is a picture of our place settings, I got this idea from "Our Best Bites" a pin I found on Pinterest:






























These are SO cute! My son saw these and immediately asked for it! LOL But he did a good job waiting till he could dig into it.


Here is a picture of our table:






























We cooked everything that was on our Thanksgiving Menu Planner, and I must say EVERYTHING was delicious!!! I think that was the BEST Thanksgiving dinner I've had.  Some of the favorites were the deviled eggs, the turkey, the stuffing, the gravy, and the bacon wrapped olives!


The turkey was a recipe from Tyler Florence off of FoodNetwork.com but I added some twists to it, just because I never like to follow recipes and I go with whatever I'm in the mood for. LOL  But here is a picture of our turkey:






























We bought a 13 pound turkey at a store called Aldi's for less than $15!!! We basted it every 30 minutes with watered down maple syrup and after the first 2 hours, we then basted it with the juices in the pan.  We cooked it at 350*F for 4 hours.  It was stuffed with cornbread stuffing that I made from scratch.  This turkey browned up nicely.  We baked it uncovered for 2 hours, then noticed it was browning too fast, then covered it with foil and it never burned.  It was SO moist and tender - delicious!


Here is a picture of our bacon wrapped olives:






























These are so easy to make, require little preparation and are great snacks or appetizers! They are a sure hit for the bacon lover - which everyone in my house LOVES bacon.  Basically, buy large olives and low sodium bacon (trust me on the low sodium, otherwise if you use regular bacon you'll be eating salt lick) and toothpicks.  Cut bacon strips in half, wrap around the olive, secure with a toothpick and broil for 5 minutes on each side.  YUM!!! Great football snack to keep in mind when Super Bowl comes around.


So glad we got to stay home today and thankful for my family and all the food I'm blessed with!


~Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment