Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17: Laundry

I am thankful for...
LAUNDRY!!!

Yes, you did read that right.  I am thankful for ALL the laundry that I have to do.  You are probably thinking, "are you crazy?!" or "come over to my house!" Well, after the following scenarios you too just might be thankful for the laundry in your house:

  • We went to the gas station and were stopped by a couple before we got to ready to leave.  They asked us for ONLY 2 gallons of gas to put in their truck, so they could stay WARM through the night.  My heart instantly broke because I realized they were living in their truck, nothing with them, but the clothes on their back and a truck to stay in.  We gave them more gas than they asked for...
  • A couple on the street corner, young couple at that, and the girl is pregnant.  We've seen them a few times before but I noticed they were in the same clothes.  My husband ran into them one night when he was picking up food for us at KFC - all they asked for was $1.  My husband didn't have any cash on him, so he told them to order anything they wanted... and he had the opportunity to talk with them and share about Jesus... when he got ready to leave, my husband checked his wallet and sure enough a dollar was there, so he gave it to them along with the food they ordered...
  • Kids starving in the streets of Jamaica are lucky to even have clothes on their back, they might just be wearing a rag to resemble clothing... to wash their clothes, they go to a dirty river and wash it with soap on a board - and this is a special occasion, not daily, for it depends on if they have money for soap...


I don't know about you, but I'm blessed and so is my family! I have clothes on my back AND in my drawers - a variety of them, so I don't get bored.  I am SO thankful for the laundry that I GET to do, not that I HAVE to do it, but I GET the privilege of doing it because God has blessed my family and me with a gazillion clothes to wear... and though at times I get holes in a new pair of jeans or my favorite shirt seems to start become "worn" to my standard... I think of the above scenarios and realize I'm blessed!

Thank You, God, for the laundry that I get to do... the money to pay for the water, the machine that helps make the process easier, and the privilege of having much!


No comments:

Post a Comment