Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 5: My Provider

I am thankful because...
my God provides for all my needs.
Ever found yourself worrying about any of the following:
  • How will we get the car fixed?
  • Great! The basement leaks! How do I afford to fix it?
  • Ugh! New clothes needed already?!?!
  • I'm short $200 every month... what will I do?
  • Will I have enough gas for this week?
I have said ALL of those statements above at least a few times in the past month or so.

I have come to notice that if I begin to "worry" about something - my husband will take it to the next level.  And then that just escalates things and we will literally fight over nothing, it's quite hilarious, now that I think about it.


So, I started digging into Matthew 6:25-34 and just about every verse would say "DO NOT WORRY!!!" Talk about a slap in the face! But yet, I'd sit there and be thinking about all those things that have to get fixed or that need to be bought or money that is needed and the list would go for miles... and so I would have to read the passage over again AND again AND again AND again... just hoping that if I did, I could actually "not" worry!


Did it work? I wish I could say it was like an instantaneous life changing moment - but no! But, as I kept reading the passage, the chaotic thoughts began to seem further away, like in a distance and it was like it stilled me enough to hear the whisper of God telling me "IT'S OK!!! I HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL!"  That's when I had that life changing moment and the passage become 100% more clear to me...


I truly don't have to worry because God is in control! Yes, it truly did take me about 10 times of reading that passage to realize this... but that's OK, I got it!


God is SO in control.  If He can make a plant grow, by providing rain when it needs water or sunshine to make it bloom... OR if He can provide everything needed to the birds of the air... and ALL of these things is what He created... and here I am, a creation His in HIS IMAGE - how much more does He care for me???


He cares so much that He sent His ONLY Son to die for me!
He cares so much that He provides ONLY the best for me!
He cares so much that He promises I will not beg for bread!
He cares so much that He wants me to have His riches in heaven!


I have to say, that when I started to commit all of my worries to Him... and literally, I committed them, I wrote them down on index cards and casted them into a "worry box".  Then I sought out the Scriptures of promise that is in the Bible to cancel my worry with FAITH!


Now, God has provided for us...
  • Clothing is bought.
  • One car fixed.
  • $200 appears every month.
  • There is always enough gas, even when the money isn't there.
Is God done? NO! He has just begun! And my new found faith strength to cancel out the worries has helped all around... one less stress for the husband = happier home!


God, thank You, for providing for ALL our needs on a daily basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment