Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 22: Waiting on my King!

I am thankful to...
Wait on my King!

"But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength.  They will fly high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

Today's challenge is about being thankful right where you are.  It is SO easy to get caught up in the... BUT God, I "want"... or BUT God, I "need"... and at times we can be just like our little children that burn the parents' ears with the I wants and the I needs with Our Heavenly Father...

I am so thankful where God has placed me right now.  I am a wife, a mother, a homemaker, an employee, and a teacher.  And for all these things I am so thankful.  I get to hear my little mister sing songs he's heard me sing to him at the top of his lungs while he's winding down to go to sleep... hear him quote Scriptures I've taught to him to his daddy... hear him quote the prayer we do every day before we start school to his trains... and for those things they make me so thankful, but it also refreshes me and makes my heart jump with joy!

The fleshly nature spoke of in Romans says that we fail to do good.  Though we desire to do what is right, we still choose to do the other - an endless battle within ourselves...

I read that during a Bible study I was going through and at first I thought I read it wrong and had to go back and read it again... and again.. and again... it bothered me at first, so I just kept reading it and then asking God for revelation.

You can look at this verse alongside your attitude of gratitude...
Do you give thanks for ALL things or only when things make you happy for the moment? Do you thank God for the hard trials or only when things are good? Do you give thanks when the child(ren) are pushing that last nerve or only when they behave?

I had to take a step back and look at my life in a different perspective... and I asked God to give me His eyes to see what my life looked like to Him.  I was amazed, astonished, blessed, joyful, and overwhelmed all at the same time from what I got to see...  and I have a new perspective on my role and why God has me where I am RIGHT now!

I am in a growing phase and God, thank You for this road You have placed my family on right now... at times it is very difficult and at times the emotions get the best of us and we don't always do what we would "like" to do... but this path is to shape us, mold us, and grow us... and I can't wait to see what lies ahead of us...


No comments:

Post a Comment