Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7: My Planner

I am thankful because...
my King takes my plans and turns them into more than I can imagine!
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.  
~Proverbs 16:3

I don't know about you, but I'm a planner! I have a notebook that is divided out by topics and I have a daily task list with goals and subgoals and even an hour by hour schedule... your probably thinking, WOW, she's organized! But... no matter how much time I put into doing that so-called daily task list, I've realized that if I don't commit what "I" have planned for a day to God, about NONE of it gets done! (So, yes, probably pointless to do in the first place... oh well, I had good intentions, right?!)

I stumbled across this verse in Proverbs and I decided that when I sat down to do my daily task list, I would commit it to God! And yah know what?! Every time I do this, my plans become more than what I expected AND my days are stress free... sometimes everything gets done on the list, other times, God changes things up and what I thought I would do turned out to be greater!  His intervention is WAY better than any plan I could come up with. :)
I challenge you to commit your plans to God!

Thank You, God, that You are my King and my Planner!!! 


=================================================

My Princess...
     Give me your plans

I know you have an idea in your head on how everything should unfold in your life.  Even today you have an agenda.  Because I love you, I need you to give Me back all your plans for today and for all your tomorrows.  If you let Me have your day, I can then intervene with something special.  My intervention will give you more joy in your journey than your good intentions.  I know all that your heart longs for, and I want to do more for you than you could ever do for yourself.  So give Me a chance to change your agenda from ordinary to extraordinary, because that's the kind of life I've destined you to live, My beloved.


Love,
Your King and your Planner

(c) Sheri Rose Shepherd, His Princess Love Letters from Your King Book

No comments:

Post a Comment