Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 12: In the Sun

Thank You, God for...
basking in the sunshine!
After a couple of days of our first snow flurries and the first tastes of winter and knowing it is just around the corner... today brought sunshine and warmer weather.  I just love it when the sun is out! Just sitting in the sun for 5 minutes, brightens my day, refreshes me, makes me energized, and brings joy to the soul!!!

It reminds me of being in the presence of My King!  You know, those moments when you KNOW you are the presence of Jesus, and you feel refreshed, energized, happy, joyful, and full of love - you just don't want to leave that presence.
Then you have those days of clouds and though you "know" the sun is still shining - because obviously if it was summer, you might find that if you don't wear sunscreen you can get burnt.  It doesn't always feel warm, the sun isn't there to brighten the day, and though the rays reach you it still doesn't energize you like being in direct sunlight...

Ever had those days where you feel like storm clouds have entered in and though you "know" Your King is there with you -- it still feels like He is at a distance and the storm clouds overtake you.  But how comforting it is to know that His "rays" reach out to us, even when we don't "feel" Him... they can reach out to us so much, it's like having sunburn - we didn't feel like He was around us, but He left a sign that He was! Now, I'm not saying He leaves us pain - His presence is always there, just like the sunshine - even on those days when the storm clouds or rain clouds roll in - that's comforting!

It just reminds me that when those storm/rain clouds roll in, those moments of testing and tribulation is when "I" need to press in the MOST! My King is already there... but even if I don't "feel" like He is or if I don't "think" He is... that's when I have to press in and not let the storm/rain clouds overtake me, so I can past them and into the direct rays of the sunshine where I find my joy, my strength, my refreshing, my love... but it requires "me" to push in!

Thank You, God for the direct rays of sunshine and reminder it's like being in the presence of My King!

No comments:

Post a Comment