Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My husband and I went and saw the movie "Courageous".  An absolutely awesome movie about the family and really shows how absent fathers has produced the culture we live in today.

We were so impressed by this movie that my husband and I sat down and created together "Our House Rules", "Consequences", and "Time Out Prayer Cards".  We based everything around Scripture.  And I got this idea from Erica on her blog www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com, just tweaked much of it to fit to our family and lifestyle.

The Time Out Prayer Cards are for after the discipline is given, then we pray with our son together.  These cards we created are to break down Scriptures to a level that he can understand and to keep the prayer simple, as it starts the same and ends the same.  If you want to see an example of these, click on the link below:

Time Out Prayer Cards

I hope everyone can get out to see the movie "Courageous", whether you are a father or a mother, it will speak to your heart.  And you will want to change your household after seeing this movie... truly inspirational! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment