Monday, January 2, 2012

Gentleness Challenge

Photobucket

I find this challenge to be fitting, since 2 of my resolutions are:

When normal childhood mishaps occur, I will remember that although difficult, it is still easier to remove grape juice from off-white carpet than to erase harsh and unloving words hurled at a child whose chubby little fingers have failed him/her, for by this my child will see a God who understands when our best efforts fall short.

When my child has witnessed something ugly in me - unkind words, an angry temper, "harmless" gossip, biting sarcasm or even my infamous "girl pout" when things don't go my way - I will confess it as sin before him/her seeking their forgivenss, for by this my child will develop the much needed habit of wiping their spiritual slate clean before God and man.


I can honestly say I have lost my temper with my own son and I know that "guilty" feeling that creeps up and all you can do is say "I'm sorry"... but it doesn't erase the memories or the feelings my son felt in that moment.  This is an area that I truly want to work on and diving into this challenge, I ask the Lord to open my heart for receiving, open my eyes for seeing what needs to change, and open my ears for hearing what needs to be spoken to me.

If you want to join this challenge, just click on the image above and link up!

~Bekah 

No comments:

Post a Comment