Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 1 - I am thankful for...

I am thankful for...
  • a measure of faith provided by God, that is growing on a daily basis
For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think reasonably, as God has apportioned to each person a measure of faith. ~Romans 12:3

God has given me a measure of faith! This isn't something that I did on my own, no, it was something God gave me since birth.  I have a measure of faith! And I am thankful that my parents helped to grow this faith within me, so that when I left home, I knew how to stand on my own two feet with the Sword in one hand and the Shield in the other.  They taught me how to wield away the fiery darts of the devil and how to listen to the voice of wisdom.  

I definitely have not arrived and there are times I wish my faith was stronger -- but I am so thankful it is growing each and every day, so I can face the trials and storms that are yet to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment